Description of the Problem
For dates of service in September 2011, influenza vaccinations are being priced using the 2010-2011 influenza season rates.
What This Means to You
Providers are receiving incorrect payment for influenza vaccination claims. If you identify influenza vaccinations where you were paid incorrectly, please hold your appeal requests. As soon as the pricing files are updated you will be notified and you may request an adjustment of your claims. Until the new pricing files are uploaded National Government Services cannot reprocess any claims. If you have not already submitted your influenza vaccinations for September, please consider holding your claims until the new pricing files are in effect.
10/20/2011: National Government Services is aware of this issue and is working in collaboration with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) in order to rectify the pricing disparity as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
- CMS Releases Pricing and Codes for 2011-2012 Influenza Vaccine
- Important Reminder Regarding the Transition to Version 5010 for Electronic Claims
- Medicare EHR Incentive Program: Monday, October 3, 2011 is the Last Day for Eligible Professionals to Begin 90-Day Reporting Period for 2011
- E-Prescribing: Will You Be Successful by June 30, 2011?
- Preventing the Flu: General Good Health Tips To Help Stop the Spread of Germs