Grassi & Co. Partner Rick Gavin Honored at Annual Family Service League Golf Event

July 12, 2010 – Richard E. Gavin, CPA, CCIFP, Partner at Grassi & Co., was selected as this year’s honoree at Family Service League’s 14th Annual Golf Classic. The event, which was held on June 29th, raised over $150,000 for the benefit of Family Service League, an organization dedicated to empowering individuals, children, and families to realize their strengths and improve their quality of life. “Being honored at this event means a lot to me and I am thrilled that it is benefiting Family Service League, on whose board I’ve served for eleven years,” said Gavin, who is currently Board President.

Most recently, Gavin has been helping lead Family Service League to acquire a new community center in order to centralize their Eastern Long Island programs. Family Service League believes in a holistic approach to community service, combining mental health, outpatient, chemical dependency, youth, and family services, among others. This event will benefit this effort in part, as well as the rest of Family Service League’s services, allowing them to strengthen and expand their influence.

Family Service League provides a quality array of humanitarian services. Their influence has been steadily growing, and they have doubled in size over the last decade. They have been able to achieve this growth and provide these services while keeping overhead costs at a steady 15%, allowing the remaining 85% to go directly to their mission.

“I am proud to be this year’s honoree. It is crucial, now more than ever, that we secure enough support to keep the organization going strong. It means a lot to me to do my part to help Family Service League continue to successfully pursue its mission,” commented Gavin.

Funds are raised through a combination of government contracts, grants, and private donations, but as local, state, and federal funds have tightened, private donations are more important than ever in helping Family Service League pursue their mission. Events such as their Annual Golf Classic are instrumental in raising enough money to best improve the lives of the families, children, and individuals they serve.