The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced yesterday that it will be launching an enhanced Provider Relief Fund Payment Portal to allow Medicaid and CHIP providers to report their annual patient revenue for purposes of COVID-19 relief payments.
This information will be used in determining if the provider is eligible to receive relief payments from the $15 billion HHS set aside for state Medicaid and CHIP programs that did not already receive a payment from the Provider Relief Fund General Allocation. The announcement indicated that each payment would equate to at least two percent of the provider’s reported gross revenue from patient care.
Grassi reached out to HHS for further clarification on the portal and the process for submitting your annual patient revenue:
- The portal will be active at 5:00 PM EDT on June 10, 2020 via the HHS CARES Act Relief page.
- You will need your Optum ID to log in, or you can create one if you do not already have one.
- You should have your billing TIN available, and the system will prompt you to validate it.
- If your organization qualifies for the funding, the portal will guide you through the upload of your revenue and tax information.
- If you receive a message that your TIN validation is pending, this means that HHS is looking into your eligibility for the funds. If you receive this message, follow the instructions on the email you subsequently receive from HHS.
After accessing the portal, please reach out to your Grassi Not-for-Profit or Healthcare advisor to let us know the status of your submission and any questions or concerns that arose along the way.