At Grassi & Co. we understand the needs of a construction company are dynamic and complex. As dedicated industry leaders, the professionals of the Grassi Construction Practice can give you the tools to develop and implement your strategic vision, improve operational flow and efficiencies and make the nontraditional design a profitable building reality.
Our construction practice professionals are members of the Construction Industry CPAs/Consultants Association (CICPAC), a nationwide network of accomplished CPA firms specifically selected for their experience in and commitment to serving the construction industry. In addition to traditional accounting, auditing and tax services, CICPAC members distinguish themselves by providing management and consulting services that meet the increasingly complex needs of construction companies.
Our Construction Industry experience is unmatched. Our professionals are committed to the Industry and keeping abreast of industry trends and best practices. Evidence of this and our specialized qualifications is demonstrated by the following:
- Six of the Firm's partners are Certified Construction Industry Financial Professionals
- Five of our construction partners teach master's and college-level courses in construction accounting and finance at prestigious universities such as Columbia University
- Grassi & Co.'s Managing Partner and CEO, Louis C. Grassi, served as the editor of the Journal of Construction Accounting & Taxation for eight years and, along with other senior Grassi & Co. Construction Partners, authored the Construction Industry chapter of the Corporate Controller's Manual
- Our Firm is the auditor for several Construction Industry trade groups, including the General Contractors Association (GCA); New York Electrical Contractors Association (NYECA), and perform tax services for Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
The Firm hosts periodic seminars for the banking and surety communities, informing them about the latest changes in construction and development accounting, tax developments and other issues affecting the construction industry.
Industry Participation and Investment:
Grassi & Co. has made significant investments of time and resources in becoming leaders in the construction industry. We have partners who have served on boards and advisory panels of numerous industry trade organizations, including:
- New York Building Congress (NYBC)
- Subcontractors Trade Association (STA)
- General Contractors Association (GCA)
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- Associated General Contractors (AGC)
- Utility & Transportation Contractors Association (UTCA)
- Women's Builders Council (WBC)
- Building Traders Employers' Association of New York City (BTEA)
Grassi & Co. also offers Cyber and Information Security services, providing needed peace of mind by helping you understand risk profiles, recognize potential threats, determine risk tolerance and create a cyber and information security roadmap and program.
New safety standards, the STEP program and digital learning, are impacting construction companies, their personnel, engineering and design firms, and all others along the supply chain in the NYC construction industry. The financial and operational implications of these changes are worthy of consideration.READ MORE
Carl Oliveri, CPA, CCIFP, CFE, Partner-in-Charge of the construction practice of Grassi & Co., has officially been named the Secretary/Treasurer of the Construction Industry CPAs/Consultants Association (CICPAC) effective August 1st.READ MORE
Newsletters & Alerts
On December 22, 2017 President Trump signed into law the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.READ MORE
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (the Act), which the President signed on December 22, 2017, contains numerous provisions that could affect contractors at the corporate and individual levels.READ MORE
Every year, Grassi & Co. produces a Construction Industry Market Outlook Survey followed by a Symposium made up of executives within the construction industry to comment on the results of the survey.READ MORE
The advances in construction technology are real, they are here, and they aren’t going away. If construction contractors are not already implementing these new ways to build, they’ll be as obsolete as the dot matrix printer.READ MORE
Insurance costs can be daunting for any contractor, but what if there was a way to reduce premiums without affecting coverage? Here are three tips that can have a large impact on insurance premiums.READ MORE
Over the past few months, there have been at least three construction companies who have celebrated big anniversaries: one celebrated 75 years, the second 125 years and the third 130 years.READ MORE
In April of this year, Governor Cuomo signed into law the Paid Family Leave Act enabling workers with up to 12 weeks of paid leave a year to care for a seriously ill family member or newborn, or address issues from a family member’s military service. The law will apply to all employees who are covered by the state’s temporary disability insurance law, regardless of their employer’s size, and who have been employed for 26 or more consecutive weeks.READ MORE