NYNMedia NFP Boardcon
For most nonprofits, fiscal, operational and most other responsibility is enacted through a collaborative effort that involves its Board of Directors, the Executive Director and a senior officer. For a board to successfully use its function, it must be fully informed and fully engaged with the organization's operations. Ultimately, the board is responsible for the governance of an organization, and the board will not be able to fulfill its obligations without proper information.
Discussions to include:
- Board Responsibilities: Checklist and Toolkit
- Best practices for the recruitment and retention of millennial board leaders
- The Board's Role in Fundraising: Boosting Board Performance & Impact
- Succession and Transition Planning
- How to Be a Board Diversity Advocate
- Strengthening governance functions while increasing organization effectiveness
- The partnership between your board and your staff
- Bringing an action mindset to your organization
Audience: Board Chairs, Board Members, Chief Executives and other senior executives (COOs, CFOs, CIOs, CMOs Chief Development Officers and HR Executives) at nonprofits; Advisors who are helping boards expand their impact and improve performance; and other influencers who are helping the nonprofit sector think differently about leadership and governance.
DATE: Tuesday, February 5th
TIME: 8 AM - 5 PM
LOCATION: 52 BROADWAY, NEW YORK, NY 10004, USA