To effectively carry out their missions, nonprofits must consider new strategies as new risks and challenges emerge. Grassi’s 2022 Virtual Nonprofit Symposium explored the latest best practices and tools that organizations should consider to minimize risk, overcome obstacles and build a brighter, more sustainable future.
On Tuesday, June 21, Grassi’s Nonprofit Team and other experts in nonprofit finance, organizational development and charity oversight hosted a half-day online conference. They uncovered opportunities to invest, advance and thrive for you to lead your organization to greater financial health and sustainability.
Discussion Topics & Speakers:
- State of the Nonprofit Industry – James Sheehan, Chief, New York Attorney General’s Charities Bureau
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) for Nonprofits – Bryan Fryer, Nonprofit Consulting Principal, Grassi Advisors & Accountants
- Investing with Social Responsibility – Steve Norcini, Administrative VP, Head of Sustainable Investing, Senior Equity Portfolio Manager, Wilmington Trust
- Data Analytics & Dashboarding – Vanessa Gordon, Nonprofit Senior Manager, Grassi Advisors & Accountants
- CEO Strategic Vision Panel: Best Practices for Running and Advancing Your Nonprofit Organization – Moderated by David M. Rottkamp, Partner, Nonprofit Practice Leader, Grassi Advisors & Accountants. Panelists: Eleonora Tornatore-Mikesh, President and CEO of CaringKind, Omayra Andino, CEO of Institutes of Applied Human Dynamics (IAHD), and Steve Chassman, LCSW, CASAC, Executive Director of the Long Island Council of Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (LICADD)
Thank you to our sponsors: Wilmington Trust, M&T Bank, Business Owners Advisory Council of Long Island, EPIC Insurance Brokers & Consultants and True Partners Network.