As the world continues to recover from the COVD-19 pandemic and the Federal Government looks to approve a vast infrastructure revitalization program, understanding the next phase of the construction industry’s evolution is more critical now than ever.
On April 28, Grassi construction professionals and leading industry association executives from the Building Trades Employers Association (BTEA), Long Island Contractors’ Association (LICA), New York Building Congress (NYBC) and Subcontractors Trade Association (STA) shared their experiences, insights and perspectives as the industry continues to adapt in the current landscape and respond to emerging trends.
Topics of discussion included:
- Changes in the competitive bid process
- The availability of Federal, State and Local funding
- Labor and resource constraints, human resource considerations
- Declining backlogs and increased bidding scope
- Leveraging technology to create the jobsites and workplaces of the future
- Challenges and opportunities expected for the remainder of 2021 and beyond